Tuesday, March 19, 2013

How to Blergh.

I'm having trouble drawing pictures to go along with my posts. I had a really funny idea the other day for a doodle to go along with a draft titled "Poopy Snow Bag" (it's a gem) but it turns out, I'm not great at drawing people unless they're standing, facing forwards, hands at their sides. I'm working on it. IT'S THE CLIMB. 

Because this is only my fifth or sixth post and anyone who doesn't know me doesn't have a great idea of my sense of humor, that "IT'S THE CLIMB." was purely satirical. The impression that it leaves - that of a hockey mom in jeans with rhinestones on the back pockets and a key-chain with a breast cancer awareness ribbon on it sporting the above phrase, coined by some person I don't know, made worse by Miley Cyrus - being a departure from my actual persona, contrasts in a way that some would consider ironic humor. For all anyone on the internet knows, I am a hockey mom who goes tanning and buys all of my vehicles new even though it's a horrible financial decision because they decrease in value a huge amount as soon as you drive it off the lot. When in reality, I'm a swell young gal who just likes hanging out and cracking wise.

I promise I won't do that more than a few more times. I don't over-explain in real life in a condescending way, I over-explain using feigned condescension that is exaggerated just enough so that the explainee recognizes that I'm not over-explaining because I think they don't understand, I'm over-explaining to make fun of people who over-explain for real. 

Imagine I said all of that kind of deadpan and with sort of bad breath - I imagine that's what talking to me in person is like. 

Grace write funny someday.

It's the climb.



No comments:

Post a Comment